Japan: Osaka

This is the 6th time Kenny and I travel together, this time to Japan. :) :)

He is a great companion and travel buddy. When I travel with him, 99% of the time it's all under control but  the only thing I have to put up with, is the risk of missing either flights/ trains/ buses almost everyday! So when we turned up at LCCT's international terminal way before boarding time, I thought we have finally learnt our lessons. But......there is always a 'but'  (haha) that is too early to say. I have some juicy stories for you in  the subsequent posts. So stay tuned.

Anyway, when we landed at Kansai Airport, Japan. We picked up our " Icoca and Haruka" from JR West Ticket office located at the 2nd floor . It's basically a rail pass package that comprise of a pre-paid card and a discounted travel pass from and/or to Kansai Airport (Single way: 3000 yen or round trip 4000 yen).

This is ONLY for foreigners! Pls make sure that you get your air tix printed out and have your passport ready for processing.

With such a great bargain for the travellers, you can expect the queue to be long! I say, while waiting, why not pick up Osaka Tourism Guide just opposite the JR West Tix Office. It's absolutely FREE! And packed with attraction info and FREE/DISCOUNTED coupon offers! 

The aunty in me is kicking in, so off we go to Namba city!
*On our way there*
Uhh, it gives me indigestion reading this map. Mind you, that is only Kansai area and yet the transport system is extensively complicated.

First stop!

FOOD!!

We went to a Japanese restaurant called 一味禅.

See that green box there, assuming they mean the same in Chinese, all I understand is 'Black something something....something fresh...and some sort of fish' *the end*. Not very helpful is it? T.T

Lucky enough, there were food display models. After showing the waitress what we want and went 'Haik Haik Haik!' blindly, she went away leaving us feeling genius for completing our first Japanese meal order successfully.

When she returned, we were served the wrong thing! *the price to pay for haik haik haik*

HoHoHo, welcome to Japan Non-Japanese speaking Malaysian! (LOL)

Courtesy enough, she apologised and got our orders right on the second attempt! Well, ladies and gentlemen, that gave me a very good impression about Japanese! Imagine if this happens back home....*blood boiling*
Tada~ Sake!
Wait! Don't forget to use your Coupons to claim free juices!

Our first authentic Japanese Sashimi meal for two + Sake. Ticked!

My dad once taught me how to spot a fresh fish. The secret is in the Eyes - if they are sparkling clear it's fresh otherwise (especially if it's red) it's not! Now, presuming my dad is right, this fish is definitely fresh cause it melted in my mouth releasing its full flavours! Ahh~ I see Ocean!

I side track a bit ahh, can someone tell me what am I suppose to do with the slice of lemon there, squeeze it on top or suck it after meal? My past experience warned me not to eat it, in case it's for deco (is it??).

With a full stomach, we walked out from the restaurant feeling satisfied. While strolling around the mall, massaging our overly stretched belly, we laid our feet on a store half occupied by Purikura Machines! Wuu~ that looks fun!

We went in as ordinary couple and came out looking like models on magazine covers.

Sui boh? Sui boh???

We also had fun with the arcade video shooting game.  Hahaha, I seldom play this, all I know is to hang onto my weapon and keep shooting! It was thrilling! And Kenny couldn't stop laughing at my way increased heartrate! LOL.

Wu~ Game over liao. It's time to go

Next up, to Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan (海遊管), one of the largest aquariums in the world1 (More info here)
I like the fact that people queue in Japan! *salute* and that is the first Kimono I saw!

I really like the way the Kaiyukan Aquarium was designed. You start your marine quest from the top and it spirals all the way down till your reach the exit point.

This is probably the longest and steepest stretch of escalator. Make sure you hold on tight to the balustrade cause if you dropped an orange of something from your bag, you would have to run all the way from 8th floor down to the 3 floor. Not kidding, that is how long it is.

Among the marine life that we saw, I like the Sea Otter the best! We spent a quarter of an hour laughing at a silly Sea Otter. Initially, it was spinning in circles cleaning itself up then it crunched into a head-to-tail position licking its butthole. HaHaHaHa! I thought that only happen to dogs!

HaHaHaHa~ ~ ^.^

There is another one hiding at the corner taking its afternoon nap.
Hahahaha he looks like he is playing dead! LOL. Just too cute!

I like the penguins too! Here is a photo of baby penguin.
For one moment, it looks like it's headless, hahaha, found the head yet?
I read up a bit about penguins and I bet this is new to you! Do you know that baby penguins were born with their grey/black downy furthers which is not water proof AT ALL? And, boys! Here is one for you! Do you know that the male penguins are the one incubating the egg till the female return from the ocean? Oh, I like that!  For more interesting facts about penguins. Click here. :)

Now, this is one of the most disturbing part!
A school of Gill (if you watch Nemo) eating up another Gill.
I feel sick!

Got sicker after seeing this.
Reminds me of the sashimi we ate for lunch! *lagi indigestion*

Okay, okay, let's look at something else shall we?
Seal
A giant Jellyfish! Doesn't it looks amazing?

Even I was attracted to it.

Ah, enough photos liao, the rest you have to get your own tix to watch it live!

A 'Us' photo before we go....

and take a Ferris Wheel ride.
This is, Tempozan Daikanransha, one of the largest Ferris Wheel in the world. It's 112.5m in height (equates to 36 floors of a residential building). See, no matter at what angle, we couldn't get the whole Ferris Wheel into the shot. It would be romantic to have a panoramic view of the City of Osaka with your loved ones, provided he or she is not afraid of heights.

I felt insecure when I was suspending at that height.

Me: SIT STILL, DON'T MOVE!

Kenny: Why? I want to see that side of the view!

Me: IT'S THE SAME THING, DON'T MOVE! *holding tight to the seat*

Kenny: Baby~, are you afraid of heights?

Me: >.<" I JUST LEARNT THAT!

Kenny: Baby, you need to overcome your fear! Come! *dragging me up while I resist hard*

And that was how I burst into tears. T.T
Damn, do I have to learn my phobia this way?

*to be continued*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding 101: Choosing a venue for Wedding Reception

Kuching: Money Changer

Wedding 101: In case you are looking for Live Wedding Band, here it is!