Penang: the Food and Attractions (Part 2)

I forgot to mention 1 thing:....my tour guide Akui, tailored an intensive 2-day tour for me.....with all the 'Must Eat' food and 'Must See' heritage!

Hahaha, with that tight schedule, we ended up feeding ourself every 2 hours and most of the time I had 2-3 spoons of everything and the rest went into Akui's stomach...*wooo...I grew him into a DINOSAUR....ngek ngek ngek...:P*

To even things out, we walked the whole day visiting the local attractions.
*************

One of the must go place: Kek Lok Si Temple
It's huge....but still...
Akui and I decided to take the stairway up to the temple....
Somehow, under the scorching sun, it made every step so heavy and tiring.

Even the cats I found here...
*aiyo~ so cute!*
they too....

needed a good nap after traveling up here.

One of the moments that I enjoyed .....
Feeding the tortoise with the pricey kangkung!

I even extended my service to one lazy tortoise that hawked on my kangkung while I feed the others.....
  20 cent/stalk of Kangkung....-_-
This tortoise was over pampered!!

I enjoyed my way up to Kek Lok Si Temple with Akui,
just 'look look see see'..
and the environment is so peaceful...
That is exactly how it should feel at a sacred place!
 Love the experience.
That is me, putting my family's name on the tile as a sign of blessings with a Chinese writing brush!
 *happy*

I did my prayers and sincerely pray for Buddha to bless my Parents with good health and 'Us' for good future. Amitabha :)

hehehe...picking the best spot! must face Buddha so it'll be reminded everyday mah.....!!

*************
PENANG~! :)

A place with impressive architecture!

A place where I found my favourite piece of Nyonya Kebaya. *neh~ the orange one!*

A place that my eyes had captured this beautiful moments.
awww....yes puppy, you are safe. :)

A place that is rich in diverse religion practices. 

From the Chinese Temples.... 
to mosques....

to churches
See, the church is just next to a temple.
How special is that?


A place that I was attracted by the fabrics which before this, I never appreciate them.


A place that I had my first fermented Ice drip coffee in a wine glass and didn't get drunk. *since it has a bit of alcohol taste...hehe*

A place that I got my first pair of Boots that I Loooove, for just RM 100. YAY~!!
*show you next time....Thanks to Akui for bringing me there!*
A place that I had the best Char Kuey Tiaw in town with my dear Kopi...
*sip* ahhh...that is life! :)


A place that I met my long time no see classmate and have dinner after years of not meeting up.
:P hehehe...

Thanks Akui for your hospitality!
Really appreciate that!
:)

*****************

That is the end of my Bangkok - Penang trip for my birthday present.
In Bangkok, I learn about Confidence;
In Penang, I learnt about Appreciation and Connection.

I am a even better person now! :)

Comments

  1. well.. after the wishing "tree".. your dream came true! that is magical! hehehe..
    1 thing i regretted is that i ate the left over food from urs.. i grew 3KGS!!!! now.. suffering to burn it.. ouch! my muscle still PAIN! T_T
    p/s.. i still prefer the black and white nyonya kebaya.. the 1 on left! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish for good fortune for him on that wishing tree...:)...workout and you will stay fit! :P
    Aiyo, you buy the black and white one for her la....just don't take my orange one away.... hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding 101: Choosing a venue for Wedding Reception

Kuching: Money Changer

Wedding 101: In case you are looking for Live Wedding Band, here it is!