Bangkok: Shop Eat Talk part 1

What an incredible experience! :)....the joy...the tears...the bargaining...the enjoyment of my whole trip...was just AWESOME~!! :) ...
************************************************************************************

Location: Bangkok, Thailand (the land of Smiles)
Length of Stay: 5 days and 4 nights
Theme: Shop Eat Talk
Expenses: 3000 Thai Baht/ day (shopping + food + travel - hotel)
Where to: Chatuchak market ~ Suan Nam Night Market ~The Platinum Mall ~ Central World ~ Thai massage ~ MBK ~ Celadon ~ Baiyoke Sky tower
With The Queens:
Babara = Ice cream Queen + Tom Yum Queen...
Mei Yi = Account Queen + Alert Queen
Ming Ming = Eating Queen + blur blur Queen....
but whatever queens we are ..still cannot beat...the QUEEN of the QueenS........
Why?? because We think out of the 7 shopping bags...she owned 4 of them...Miss Wyndie = shopping Queen + bargaining Queen + legs not tired Queen + sensitive to 'FREE' word Queen...hahaha... just good to have her in the trip la! :)

For the 1st time....4 girls....1 city...4 nights...man I love my trip!! :)......the best part is the 'sparks' when we hang out and do the GIRLY GIRL stuff together...i.e. ....bargaining...Accessorised....late night FASHION SHOW...I never know I got the 'Ganas' side when it comes to shopping...lol...

There is so much to tell....okay okay...I shall start from my first day of trip...watch out those in bold for some tips if you are travelling to Bkk any sooner k? ;)
************************************************************************************

Upon Arrival in BKK
I was travelling alone for my first 24 hours of my trip...it's adventurous....but since it's my first time travelling to a country that speaks simple english...I was totally on a high alert mode....

Tip #1: No matter where you go....always ask the staff in the hotels/ airports about the taxi fares and the duration to get to your destination....

Tip # 2: And ask for meter....

The taxi driver wanted 500 baht from me...but I insisted on meter....since the lady at the airport counter told me that...it should not be more than 400 baht (including toll fees) to get to Baiyoke Boutique Hotel...and that is where I met my first new friend....Michael (if i didn't hear it wrongly) from Singapore...

oh oh I forgot...Tip # 3: Before you hop on to the taxi get the Bangkok Map and the MBK brochure....if you like FREE stuff....

Day 2: Heading to Chatuchak Weekend Market...
I went to Chatuchak Market on Sunday using Public transport....I am really impressed with their transport system..it's so well developed...( I met my second new friend here...Felix from German :) )
Thanks for the help from the staff working at the counter...Here is my route:

Ratchaprarop to Phayathai  = 15 Baht ( then use BTS)
Phayathai to Mo Chit (Chatuchak Market) = 30 Baht...
According to Hotel staff... if I took taxi..it costs about 100 Baht....there you go...save 50% of that money for shoppping ...hohohoh....

Here is Chatuchak...Tip # 4: you can get more info about it at http://www.chatuchak.org/ ...the clothes...art...pets...food etc are located over 27 sections...so make sure you look it up before going there...Maps available on the net and on site too...:)

Tip # 5: Arrive chatuchak around 9...most of the shops are still closed if you get there too early...and it wasn't hot too...

There is a lot of things to see...this is just some of it...:

The cute stuff...:)


Ahh hemm...is this true??
The creative ones...

I was laughing when I saw this....but it's so true.... 

I am sorry...Chicken....!!!

There is also heaps of art works...I like this...:)

Came across Uni students doing charity work...didn't expect that I can contribute to their community even though I am just a tourist...that sure feels good...

4 people with beautiful hearts...
I seriously can't find any benches around....so you either pretend that you are trying to get a new pair of shoes and sit on the stool for like 20 minutes trying all the shoes on display in the stall or you go to a nice cafe....this one sure looks good but I can't find myself a seat....!! :(

Here is one of my favourite pic...Sexy back!!

Looking at this pup just make me want to run to him and cuddle him...so fluffy!!!...must be a good pillow...!

Tip # 6: Which is one of the most important one....no matter what you buy...ALWAYS BARGAIN...you can get cheap stuff like a dress for 100 Baht ONLY!


That is just Day 1 of shopping....
With my girls joining in...you can expect more fun stuff coming up...
(to be continued + with tips...)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding 101: Choosing a venue for Wedding Reception

Kuching: Money Changer

Wedding 101: In case you are looking for Live Wedding Band, here it is!