Weekend Foodie Post: Spicy Rainbow Noodle (彩丝辣面)

Tip #1: This week, I'll like to bring you to Good Taste Cafe (好口福茶餐食) which is located in between MBKS and Dorset Boutique hotel.
[Address: Lorong Goh Meng Teck (Jalan Sekama) 93300 Kuching]

Tip #2: Well, it's close on Tuesday though!

Normally, I would eat Heng Hua Noodles there until recently I found another place that makes better Heng Hua Noodles. LOL! 

And that gave me a chance to try other things which indeed, I found something greater!

Tip # 3: What I like about 彩丝辣面: 



The creativity! Cause the direct translation of 彩丝辣面 means 'Spicy Rainbow Noodle'

Though you don't get a rainbow colour, the dish is colourful enough with raw red cabbage, white cabbage, black fungus, shredded carrot and maritated meat dipped into their specially made sauce *yum~*

You know how our breakfast in kopitiam is either:
a) Full of Carbs e.g. Kolo Mee/Roti Kiap    or 
b) Full of Carbs + some Prot  e.g. Kueh Chap/ Laksa

Tip #4: Spicy Rainbow Noodle is a combo of: Carbs + Protein + Dietary Fibre!

Tip #5: If you like a twist of lemon and a bit more spiciness,  add the side sauce!

Another Tip before I forget!

Tip #6: I think the noodles are handmade (99% confirm cause I saw taukenio putting the dough into the hand operated noodle making machine, I'll confirm with her next time I go k? hehe). Personally, the portion is a bit too much for me, but they are happy to reduce the portion of noodles upon request (I done that before).

Tip #7: For those of you who are watching your salt intake, you can request the taukenio to separate the sauce. So you know how much you put into your noodles. Sounds good? I think so too! ^^

Tip #8: Best of all, I cost only Rm5 which I think it's very reasonably priced.

Okay, that's all for this week!

Ciao~! ^^

(last updated: 27th Oct 2013)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding 101: Choosing a venue for Wedding Reception

Kuching: Money Changer

Wedding 101: In case you are looking for Live Wedding Band, here it is!