Skip to main content

Taiwan: Taipei

* Okay, I know I have been delaying my Taiwan Trip posts for a while now, so here it is! :)*

With an early flight with Tiger Airways from Singapore, we landed at Tao Yuan International Airport (桃园国际机场) in 4 hours 42 mins.

While we were queuing at the immigration, we were listing our food checklist in our head. I want to eat the famous 永和豆浆,臭豆腐,仙人掌冰 but as to where to get the authentic ones, I have not a clue cause this is our least prepared trip. Hahaha I never prepare, Kenny does but not this time. Jeng Jeng Jeng!! But as you read along, you’ll find that our trip turned out to be quite interesting despite the lack of research.

Straight out from the arrival hall.

Kenny said ‘First thing first’.

‘And what’s that’ I asked.

Tip #1:‘SIM CARD!!’

Ahh! Yahor! We got nothing booked and we would need to make phone calls and Google a lot!! 

There are a few counters outside the arrival hall selling different Sim card packages. Just pick and choose! Tip #2: And before you go, remember to drop by the counters (right opposite the phone counters) to pick up your Youth Travel card (discount card – Valid for those between 18-30 of age).

I got mine~!! But not Kenny! LOL! The officer said '对不起先生,你已超龄咯!(Sorry sir, you are over age)' 

Hahahahaha this dear dear ahh, die die want to get the discount card. He told the officer he hasn’t turned 31! HAHAHAHAHAHA !!

Tada~! Caption goes: the Young and the OLD! LOL!!

We took bus to city and had our first Taiwanese meal at MOS Burger. LOL! It’s not even Taiwanese and it’s Fast food! Hahahaha!! We were actually just passing by, but the smell of the food makes us surrender ourselves immediately. Wah~ level of hunger increases steeply ahh I tell you, they smell so good!


It was satisfying. We were fueled and good to go. Taiwan trips now begins. J As we walked out from MOS BURGER, my eyes were caught with this tiny blackboard the size of of A3 paper. It says …..



Which means You have to Feel with your heart the greatness of life’.  I was like ‘WOW~!!’ and straight away I know it’s gonna be a great trip! :) Thank you so much! It’s really uplifting!

We took a train to Taipei Station. Our Homework – book night bus to AliShan!

Now, Taipei train station is huge and a supposedly 5 mins walk can easily triple with a wrong turn. Tip #3: So from Taipei Train Station to the Bus station (called 台北西站B) you will need to exit at Exit 5 or Exit 4 (at 忠孝西路一段aka Section 1, Zhongxiao West Road).


There are two blocks of Bus Station next to each other, just look at the signboards (they are huge, you couldn't miss it) at each counter and buy your tix to your destination. 

Homework of the day is done! We can go for shopping now!

Well, not quite.



We end up eating again! This time still Japanese! LOL!


This is where we had our sushi.  This shopping centre is called 京华城 and It’s shaped like a golf ball.


Surprising enough, it’s quiet inside. We pretty much ate (and cincai bought our shorts for exercise cause we ran out of time to return to hotel to get our sports wear LOL) and head to a nearby gym. 

Hahahaha you should see our coordinates. It's totally out of tune! LOL!! Anyhow, we two Malaysian attended a full hour of exercise in our funny outfit. And after a bit of camwhoring……

And a bit of entertainment……


And the best thing to do next is to fill up our tummy. SOOOooo Hungry! 

Tip # 4: Tada~ we are at RaoHe Night Market (饶河夜市).  It’s located at Raohe Street near SongShan station(松山). It operates from 5pm till late midnight so do popped by if you need a midnight snacks while walking the 600m long stretch of road.

Here are what we had!
烧饼!


Grilled mushrooms! They are so yummy! I don’t see that in the night market few years ago, I think it’s new creation!

And that is one healthy and guilt-free midnight snacks loaded with Enzymes and B-Vitamins, Plus it’s low in Calories (Ask for less seasoning to watch for salt intake).

Sticky Tofu (臭豆腐)!!

Oyster Vermicelli (蚵仔面线). Kenny craved from that since we landed. That is a long wait to tame his cravings. LOL!

Hahahahaha it’s kinda cute to walk around in their helmets, don’t you think so?

Night market experience is satisfying....but it made my belly bulges! Tsk Tsk Tsk......
Workout GONE!! I foresee there will be more of this similar situation happening……

So that is how we welcome ourselves to Taiwan - the Heaven of Food!!

And what you are reading now was my day on 30th May 2013.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

so this is 'First Aid'...part 1

I have 2 days of First Aid training at my workplace, and it turns out to be fun and hilarious!

Trainer:I have seen people putting weird stuff on the wound. What have you come across?

A: Coffee!!
my monkey mind: Wow?! Very creative! Liddat also can?

B: Tobacco leaves!!
my monkey mind: Huh? Miss smoking that much?

C:Colgate!
my monkey mind: I wonder what is the reason behind? Somemore must be COLGATE...not DARLIE?!

My monkey mind: But how come this man pakai colgate and left with this much of teeth only?

Trainer: Guys!!! See ~ ~ ~You get all different kind of 'Treatments'. This is what you should do *and he explained for the next 20 minutes*

Trainer: Now, what do you as a First Aider when someone got burnt ?

D: Find some butter!!

Trainer: To make it EXTRA CRISPY is it?

HAHAHAHAHA !!! *that is me laughing loudly in the Auditorium*

Can not tahan, my colleagues are so funny!   LOLOL!!!




View so this is 'First Aid' part 2 here!

Taiwan: JiuFen - PingXi (九份-平溪)

*Continuing from Taiwan: Taipei post* Day Two!
Here comes our Amazing race!
First up, Tip #1:we headed back to the bus station (台北西站B栋) to put our luggage (1 x big, 1 x small, 1 x hand carry) into the locker!
Aiya!!
Can not fit leh!
I felt like we were playing log puzzle live with our luggage
Hahahaha we tried all combo, vertically, horizontally, on top etc but it just won’t fit.
In the end, I combine our luggage into 2! Sit on both of them to zip it up, stuff it into locker, and force the door shut with my butt pushing against it! I know it’s a bit Sia Suey to do that in public (somemore the lockers are just outside the restroom, lots of people passing by you know) but never mind lah, no one knows we are Malaysian. Lolol!
Tada! Done!
No luggage! We are good to go!
Tip # 2: We took a train toRui Fang train station (瑞芳火车站) and then a bus to 九份. [Tip # 3: Bus stop is next to Welcome Mart (顶好) just opposite the train station. Hop on bus number 1062, 788, 856, 825  or any buses that is heading …

Kuching: Money Changer

Done with my last minute packing and money changing. Yay!! :D Feeling satisfied cause I get things done much FASTER last minute. LOL!!!

But the consequences of that is I get a hell lot of nagging from my mom =_____= *whimpers*.

Okay, I will be off to Perth for my City to Surf Full Marathon. So wish me plenty of good luck.

I have compiled this useful entry here about Money changers in Kuching. So next time when you need to do your last minute money changing you know where to look. I shall keep it updated. Hope you find this useful.

Bye~!

*****************************************************************************

Last Updated: 9th March 2015 (Changes made: added point 11)
1) Hong Xi Enterprise  
Location: Tun Jugah Mall, Level 1 (one of the best rate)
Address: Lot 111, Level 1, Tun Jugah Centre, Kuching
Tel: (082)-428 151

2) Mohamed Yahia & Sons 
Location: an indian book store inside Sarawak Plaza
Address: LG, Sarawak Plaza, Jln Tunku Abdul Rahman, 93100 Kuching
Tel: (082)-416 928

3) Everri…

Wedding 101: Bridal Studios in Kuching

*continuing from Wedding 101: Wedding Planners (Kuching/Sibu)*
I came home. Dad greeted 'Where have you been?'

'Bridal Studio Hunting' I said.

'HARRR?!'  he exclaimed 'You surveyed all the Kuching Bridal Studios liao har?!'


Oh my cute Papa! Of course NOT!!! I laughed for a moment and a thought stroke in. 
Hang on, dad has his point too, I don't have to spend almost every weekend being physically in one of the Bridal studios ehh! There must be a more efficient/ convenient way~ 
Then, *wink* I got an idea!
TIP #1:Why not survey them online (Fb, website)! It'll save a lot of time and you can still narrow down the list!
Read their REVIEWS. Check out their photos for their PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS. Message them if you wish!
This will save you a lot of time (and petrol too)!

TIP #2: Well, in case you are clueless about the Bridal Studios available in Kuching, I've compiled the list below.Some are pulled out from forums (in Black), some from my visits (Red)
It'…

Wedding 101: Choosing a venue for Wedding Reception

*Updated: 25 July 2014*
*Hi, I am preparing for wedding on 09/09/2014 and I'll be sharing my story/ useful info/tips on my little space here. Hopefully it's helpful.
I have created a new label under 'Weddings 101' so do check them out! 
 =)*
*continuing from: Wedding 101: Where to 'Kua Zit Ji' in Kuching*
I guess both parents have met and set your wedding date? Next up: You need to book a wedding venue ASAP!
Let's face it! There is only <----> this much of wedding reception venues to choose from in Kuching, plus with that 吉日, you can pretty much expect that there are a few more couples that are getting married on the same day!
I suggest you get an idea about: Tip #1: if both families are gonna have a joined reception (男女联婚) or separate? Tip # 2: the max numbers of guests invited.
These two questions will help to narrow down the available choices.
Tip #3: here is the compilation I have done for tables above 40:
(pls note prices indicated excludes 6% tax and 10 % s…