My little diary: 6th - 7th Apr 2013


Saturday 06.04.13

Mom told me a joke about Keira over breakfast  she said when she picked up the kids from Kindie the other day, Keira made some markings on her mini calendar in the car.

Mom: What are you doing Keira?

Keira: Oh….. I help you to mark小姑姑’s “wedding day” so you won’t forget!!

Mom: “Wedding day”? When is that? (Ya…. my mom very anxious wan)

Keira: 7th and 8th of October, NaiNai!

Hahahaha!! That's cute!

So when I reached home, I checked Mom’s mini calendar.


Belle’s birthday: 1 star
Celeste’s birthday: 1 star
Keira’s birthday: 2 stars
My “Wedding day”: 2 stars

Okay, Okay, I get it Keira dear! Your birthday is equally important as my “wedding day”! LOL!

Note:
In case you didn't know how the rumors of my “wedding day” came to life, here it is: Last year, my dad bought a 2013 calendar because he wants to, you know ‘kua jit zi’. There were 2 folded pages dated Oct 7th and 8th 2013! *jeng jeng jeng* My siblings teased me about that and it was overheard by one of my nieces and that was how the rumours spread!

That night, our whole family attended 2-SIL’s bro’s wedding. 

A photo of Baby Junior and Me :)
The groom is 35, the bride is 28. Guess what?! The bride was my primary schoolmate from the classroom next door! And She is also Wyndie’s colleague.

Wah!! Can’t believe after almost 20 years, I am seeing her in her wedding! *Congratulations!!*

2-SIL’s big bro went up to give a speech that night and I truly loved it! He said it’s faith that ties the couple as one, it’s faith that bring us all here to rejoice in the celebration of the now ‘husband and wife’.

Awwww~ how beautiful is that!! (clicking at ‘extremely like’ button)

The ‘faith’ word keeps appearing in my head that night.

Yes, it’s faith that I met you ‘Deer Deer’! 


Sunday 07.04.13

You know, very sien one loh! When you are single, ppl ask you when are you getting a bf. When you got bf, ppl ask you when you want to get married. When you get married, ppl ask you when you want to have children. Then when you have children, they asked when you want to have another children.

Then can I ask when are you going to stop being Kepo or not?

Every time after we attended a wedding dinner together, my dad will suffer from ‘post wedding dinner syndrome’. He will come to me the next day,(not asking but) demanding me to get married at a date he stated!

I asked ‘why that date?’

He said ‘ 了了一件心事’ (fulfill his wish)’

(What?!.......)

Got this somewhere...forgot where exactly!
Oh my Papa, my marriage is not a ‘wish list’ for you to tick off!! I seriously don’t know how to make him understand that. Now come to think about it, other than my 2 sis that got a proper proposal, I think both my brothers and big sis got married cause Papa said so.

So ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Un-Romantic!!!

To me, when a guy proposed, it means that he has made a Commitment (Commitment!!) to be with a girl he loves for the rest of his life. He is ready to protect her, love her and give her happiness. We marry each other’s heart and complete each other’s soul.  It’s a whole new level of affection and commitment!! 

But how do I make my dad understands that? 

Maybe he never will. My dad is a super Green guy! This means, if he says 1, you say 2 then cham liao loh, he tembak you kao kao. Then after he tembak he said ‘I am not forcing you, I am giving you my opinion!’

Ha---Ha----Ha (bitter laugh) 我的老爸啊,真的拿你没办法!

Big sis is on dad's side. She said I only think of myself and didn't put myself in my parent’s shoes!!
O-U-C-HHH!

After all the effort I have put in to find a balance between my conservative family and my beliefs, I am being told that I am Selfish?! T_____T

I'm.....
very..........
Upset!!!!!!!!!

Sometime I just don't understand my family. I know they love me and are very protective of me. But sometimes I do feel their love for me is suffocating. Why do I have to always do as told? Is it the huge age gap between us that drag our thoughts apart? 
Or is it me that have changed?

The pressure is pouring onto me........I am almost squashed into a 2 D!! T____T

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding 101: Choosing a venue for Wedding Reception

Kuching: Money Changer

Wedding 101: In case you are looking for Live Wedding Band, here it is!