Bangkok: Be like A Thai (Part 2)

It has been one week, and I am still coughing! -.-"....but I better keep my travel memories alive before I lost it. so there you go ~ the part 2 of Bangkok! :)

****************
The story continued with:
Both Baba and I forgot one important thing!!
...
...
The ADAPTER!! AI~ I told my mom...no need la...*since I remembered last time I brought it but never use it also*......but....I REGRETTED that decision!! ....so we headed to MBK to get it and had our brunch there. TIP # 15: collect your free drinks at The fifth Avenue @ MBK (for Tourist ONLY).

FRIDAY is all about visiting the local attractions!
We took BTS (from National Stadium to Saphan Taksin) then hopped onto the Chao Phraya Tourist Boat (get off at Maharaj Pier) to visit the Grand Palace. :)


We were charged 150 baht for a daily River Pass at the counter, but I reckon it would be a lot more cheaper if we just paid a single trip ticket on the boat. AIYA~!! too late...I keep telling myself : ok lah...at least they gave us the Guidebook which detailed about the attractions of each pier that the boat was stopping over. So TIP # 16: Do a bit of reading/research when it somes to traveling....
*well...obviously we didn't...*

*************

The Grand Palace!!! (Entrance fee:  I forgot is it 300 or 350 baht)
Is really very GRAND!....
The architecture and the details of the buildings were just incredible!!

We heard that it was surrounded by 1900 m long of wall with stories crafted on it.

 and recorded in Ancient language on the Pillars.

*********

During the trip....Baba and I randomly joined a few tour groups........HAHAHA...I think one of the tour guide noticed it and he went ' head counting' straight away!! and that is our time to CABUT to the next group...hahahaha ...FUN LA...!!! :)


I am not sure about Thai rituals when it comes to praying/religion. so we did what they do...dipping the lotus flower (I think) into that big pot of water and pat the bud gently on the head and forehead....I am guessing it's a way of cleansing our mind and soul????

Baba and I also bought this...for the prayers.
This is what you do: you light the incense, knelt down and tell Buddha all your 'secrets' and wishes......*I wished a lot, and by the time I finish...the incense are one inch shorter... =.=...nevermind...at least Buddha heard my prayers....* then you lit the candles and put the lotus flower onto a big plate.

 Don't go yet!! see that piece of paper in between the incense? There is a piece of gold paper in it, and we are suppose to end the whole prayer by sticking that onto the Buddha statue. I don't know what that mean?? but it's a new experience for me!! :)

Then we head on to the Emerald Buddha Temple.
It's huge...see you have to lift your head up to see the Buddha.

we did this too....making wishes again everytime we popped the coins into the metal pots.
 until 'WORLD PEACE' came out from my head....*OMG...so beauty pageant!!*
I know I ran out of wishes to make...lol

We bumped into a fortune teller/ palm reader and tried it (600 baht)

We came home quite late that day and we end up eating local instant cup noodles and local snacks...and deng deng deng...LOCAL BEER!! ok wat....like a more condense version of Shandy....hehehe..but I sleep like pig after that....!!

HOHOHO

* to be continued..about time for me to sleep...z..z...z...z....Z....Z... *

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding 101: Choosing a venue for Wedding Reception

Kuching: Money Changer

Wedding 101: In case you are looking for Live Wedding Band, here it is!